Thursday, October 14, 2010

Please Don't Hit Me

Taken and modified from Nuffnang.com.my


Get On Board, Stop Child Abuse



A lot of false perceptions exist about child abuse, because it’s one of the problems we always hear about but is swept under the carpet. As the victims often don’t have the voice to speak up for themselves, the United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) is launching the ‘Get on Board’campaign to raise public awareness about the devastating effects of child abuse.



Love needed Here. 
How can we play a part in stopping more of these from happening? You can choose to be donor or a supporter by showing charity ads if you are a Nuffnanger. 
If you are still a student and without any extra $$ for donation, then play your part by learning what it is all about Child Abuse by clicking to http://uniteagainstabuse.my/learn/facts
A thorough understanding on how to define a child, to identifying an abuse. There are times where even we adults do not know it is an abuse though it happened right in front of our face.
A child is a human, and they are entitled to certain rights too. Even for parents, there are moderate punishment to educate the children, and how to know whether it is moderate or excessive?
Do you know? Even I do not know whether caning is moderate or not. Caning, means strokes of painful medicated whip on the butt to Malaysia's laws. Does the word caning meant the same to children too? 
Yes, you might say, such a big different, of course not. But do not generalize people, there are possibilities of human out there do not know the differences.



So lets move one to abuse other than physical abuse, emotional abuse. How to identify?

This is the hard part in child abuse. Who will know the extent of certain words in harming a child? Calling you an adult IDIOT might trigger you anger, but calling a child IDIOT might cause them depression as well. Who knows? After all children are fragile. We need to handle them with care. 


THEREFORE, PLEASE
Learn more by testing your knowledge here, http://uniteagainstabuse.my/learn/test.
Wish to help even more, go to http://uniteagainstabuse.my/act. A simple action from you might save a child from getting nightmares and also you can play your part in carving a smile from them.




(pictures used in this post does not belongs to me. I googled it.)

1 comments:

Harajuku Barbie said...

I would like to interview you for my Senior Project.. My topic is Child Abuse. I chose this topic because helping people who have been deprived of their child hood is something that I've always wanted to do. I have friends and family members who have been through some of the same things and it's time I do something about it. So please get back to me.

Post a Comment